Sydney Public Relations Internship
Agent99 PR is looking for its next Intern, someone with a passion for PR and a genuine interest in making a professional contribution. We can assist with building your portfolio by providing hands-on experience and real world skills to take with you on your journey.
Location: Sydney, Surry Hills
Requirement: at least two days consecutively (preferable)
Internship dates: 3 month minimum
Internship times: 9am-5.30pm
An agency built on strong strategic and creative credentials, Agent99 Public Relations is in constant pursuit of the unconventional, routinely implementing bold brand campaigns that capture national attention in unexpected ways.
Today, Agent99 represents an enviable list of lifestyle, consumer and business-to-business clients across the food and wine, travel, health, beauty, online and non-for-profit spaces.
Agent99 PR is looking for its next Intern Agent – someone with a passion for PR and a genuine interest in making a professional contribution to an agency. In return, we will mentor and nurture your professional development as you learn the ropes from a leading PR agency.
Previous work experience in the public relations field is preferred but not essential. We foremost value enthusiasm, creativity, confidence, resourcefulness and a desire to learn!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
- Maintaining media lists and databases
- Researching and writing media alerts and press releases to tight deadlines
- Managing and updating coverage logs with media clippings
- Report compilation
- Assistance in managing social media platforms, including weekly content
- Contributing to a weekly blog post hosted on Agent99’s website
- Answering phones
- General office duties and supporting the team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of the Australian media landscape
- High level of written skills with a strong attention to detail
- Outstanding time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and to deadline with initiative and self-motivation
- Problem solving skills
- Internships can only be offered to those required to complete one as part of a university degree.
- Although this is an unpaid internship there is potential for future paid employment. However, this is dependent on performance and not guaranteed and should not be relied upon when making the decision to apply for the role. This decision is also dependent on the company’s hiring needs at the time.
- This position can be accredited to any relevant study requirements/subjects.
- Expenses incurred working (e.g. taxi services or out of pocket costs) will be covered.
- We offer our interns a lunch allowance.
- The successful candidate will not need to bring any equipment.
- Amazing team culture and dynamic
- Snacks included!
If you fulfil these requirements please send your resume along with a cover letter that includes a little bit about yourself, studies, work experience and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org