- Global brand MTV engaged Agent99 PR to develop a corporate campaign targeting business and marketing decision makers.
- The aim was to drive interest in and sales to their new product offerings; a free premium broadband channel called MTV Overdrive and a digital portfolio of recently acquired online platforms.
- Overdrive was launched softly when the MTV Music Award nominations were announced. The event was leveraged by inviting the right business, marketing and digital media. To capture the excitement of the evening, interviews were offered to media with MTV’s CEO at the launch.
- Prior to the official announcement, three exclusives were secured with AAP Marketing, B&T Magazine and The Australian.
- In order to communicate clear messaging and information about Overdrive, a Q&A was developed and distributed to media upon request.
- Following the event and embargoed interviews, a press release was sent widely to media offering additional interview opportunities.
- Once Overdrive went live, a competition to engage trade media was designed with additional key messaging about the benefits that the channel delivered.
- Over 40 pieces of coverage across marketing publications and online business outlets was achieved for MTV nationally.
- Awareness and enquiries amongst target brand marketing staff increased markedly.
- A portfolio of third party media endorsements for the products was delivered, which MTV sales staff could leverage at key business meetings.
BACK TO CASE STUDIES