Whilst we’re all very aware of social media, its impact and its ability to reach consumers, sometimes the importance of a brand’s social media presence can be slightly overlooked what with everything else that goes on in a small business! With clients being bombarded with constant information and visuals provided across all social media platforms, it’s important, now more than ever, to make sure your brand’s social presence is working hard for you.
- Brand recognition – It’s so important to get your brand in front of the right audience – by creating an all-round social media presence your brand can be physically seen as much as possible, making you far more accessible to new and existing customers. Social media is an invaluable tool to be used to ensure customers recognise and identify with your brand, having seen it across various channels.
- Relationship building– It’s no secret that social media is a great way to connect quickly with your customers. The ease and fast nature of social media enables you to respond to queries and engage with customers from the comfort of your office, home or even car. By talking to followers on social media you add a human entity to your brand, enabling customers to identify with you and in turn making the customer experience far more personal. It’s also a great tool for interacting with journalists in your industry and others in your field.
- Convert customers – Every post, story or hashtag you use on social media is a valuable opportunity to tell your story and in turn convert followers into customers. By building an organic following, you are opening your audience up to access like-minded people, which could in turn lead to converting one into a customer.
- Boost SEO – One of the many benefits of social media is its ability to boost a company’s search engine optimisation. Many search engines take a brand’s social media presence into consideration when determining where they will appear on a search results page. Make sure to give your brand the best possible chance at appearing high up by posting consistently on social media.
- It’s fun! – Social media allows you to build brand awareness, keep customers up to date with your news as well as talk to followers, all whilst having a bit of fun. Here in the Agent99 office we like to share pics of our huuuge desserts! (It would be rude not to let others drool too!)