When choosing the right PR agency for your brand, to get the best results, it’s critical that you know what to look for so that you can choose the PR partner that’s the right fit for you. The one that really ‘gets’ it, the one that is an extension of your team and the one that takes the time to get to know your brand inside out. How can you tell this from the get go? Your first chance to really see if an agency gets your brand is through your first call, and subsequent face to face meeting, and finally their PR proposal where they outline clearly their approach. Here we share our top tips for the key things you should be looking for in an epic PR proposal:
- Creative ideas: It’s crucial when looking through a PR proposal to understand the creative capacity that an agency has. This is to firstly ensure that you’re both on the same page when it comes to future plans, as well as making sure that the agency can think of creative concepts to take your brand to the next level, and achieve cut through. In a very saturated market, creative ideas are what will make your brand stand out from the crowd, so a PR proposal without these just won’t do the job.
- Company background: A PR proposal is a great way to get further insight into the agency you’ll be signing on with, as well as the way they like to work. Do you like to receive daily email updates? Or just communicate by phone? Make sure the PR proposal covers all of these details to ensure a smooth working relationship.
- They set KPIs that relate back to your business objectives: Setting coverage KPIs and smashing them is key to success. However, make sure that any PR proposal not only does this, but also outlines your business objectives and how your agency is going to contribute to these. Be it increasing sales, selling tickets to an event or raising brand awareness, a PR proposal should clearly outline KPIs around these targets too, if you have articulated this clearly in your brief.
- Case studies: Case studies are the perfect way to really see what your agency of choice can do. The ones to look out for are those in your specific field as these will provide you with a great indication of the kind of epic results you can expect from your agency.
- Partners: Agencies may not provide everything you need. And as such, it’s crucial for your agency to outline in their proposal partners that they work alongside to help you get to where you need to go. These may be web developers, videographers or event photographers, but having that extra knowledge shows they’re really thinking about how to best serve your account.
Thinking about PR? Get in touch today to see what kind of work we can do for you on 02 9779 0999 or email@example.com.